This porcelain factory was
located in Thüringia, Germany and was originally founded by Max and Albert Eichhorn in 1860.
Christian Eichhorn, we presume was a son (söhn) of the founders and his
son Steinach Eichhorn continued the business, possibly changing the original name when
they took over in 1909.
At the Leipzig Toy Fair in 1909 this firm
exhibited porcelain dolls and doll heads, they also produced bisque
bathing dolls and other glass toys. They were known to have supplied bisque heads to
the Greiner Doll Company (1860-1938) also a German doll manufacturer.
The Christian Eichhorn doll
shown is 10" tall, a bisque shoulder head with a leather body, she is
wearing her original clothing; gown, bloomers, shoes, bonnet and
carrying her bouquet of flowers, doll is marked
E & S.
Photo courtesy of Singram3151.