Carl Harmus antique bisque head doll, 18" tall, sleep
eyes, open mouth with teeth, five piece jointed composition body, doll mark
Carl Harmus Junior founded has doll company in 1887
in the city of Sonneberg, Germany as a doll maker and exporter of dressed dolls.
In 1896 Mr. Harmus passed away and the new owner
became George Neugebauer, who continued using the Harmus name.
Pröschild supplied some of Harmus bisque doll heads, the 313 mold and after
ca. 1900 the BP &O with swords and Harmus mark.
1907 made a dressed Topsy-Turvy doll with a voice
box or combined with an animal figure plus others.