Carl Harmus Doll Company 1887+ German
Carl Harmus Jr. founded has doll company in 1887 in the city of Sonneberg, Germany as a doll maker and exporter of dressed dolls. In 1896 Mr. Harmus passed away and the new owner became George Neugebauer, who continued using the Harmus name.
Bahr & Pröschild supplied some of Harmus bisque doll heads, the doll mold 313, after ca. 1900 the BP & O with two crossed swords was added to the Harmus mark.
1907 made a dressed Topsy-Turvy doll with a voice box or combined with an animal figure plus others. In 1909 Harmus registered the bear with a doll inside a triangle trade mark, as they also produced stuffed animals. Mr. Viktor Sachsenweger, who joined the firm in 1907, became the new owner in 1919. Bisque doll heads now came from Porzellanfabrik Mengersgereuth (PM), Robert Carl (Trebor) or Gebrüder Ohlhaver (Revelo), as the Harmus name is found along with each companies doll mark. Carl Harmus doll business ceased in the 1930s.
Harmus Doll Marks Identified & Harmus Doll Mold Numbers 313, 800
Carl Harmus doll mark BP & O two crossed swords Harmus Germany by Bahr & Proschild
Carl Harmus doll mark PM Harmus by Porzellanfabrik Mengersgereuth
Carl Harmus doll mark Revelo Harmus Germany by Gebrüder Ohlhaver
Carl Harmus doll mark Trebor Harmus Germany by Robert Carl