Robert Carl – Mengersgereuth Porzellanfabrik Dolls German
The Robert Carl doll factory of Köppelsdorf, Thüringia, Germany was founded in 1895, they made bisque, wax-cloth, cloth or celluloid head character dolls, Mama or baby dolls, some with voice boxes in the heads. Mr. Carl also purchased bisque head doll molds 370 and 390 from the nearby porcelain factory of Armand Marseille. In 1912 Mr. Carl sold his doll factory to Frickmann & Lindner who continued the company and name R. Carl Nachf. until at least 1929. In 1926 the R. Carl Nachf. factory registered doll molds 1400, 1401.
Robert Carl Doll Mold Numbers & Doll Marks Identified
23, 1400, 1401, 132410 body stamp
Mengersgereuth Porzellanfabrik Dolls 1908+
Porzellanfabrik Mengersgereuth located in Mengersgereuth, Germany near Sonneberg, was founded in 1908 by Carl Craemer and his son-in-law Francois E. Heron, along with co-partners Hans and Kurt Craemer to make porcelain goods. In 1913 Mr. Robert Carl and Gustav Liebermann became the owners and introduced the making of bisque doll heads. Porzellanfabrik Mengersgereuth doll marks usually contain the initials PM, the Trebor mark is Robert spelled backward, AH, Grete, Hans, Herzi are also found in doll marks
Robert Carl’s Porzellanfabrik Mengersgereuth also supplied bisque doll heads to Martin Eichorn, William Goebel, Carl Harmus, Gebrüder Ohlhaver and possibly others. By 1925 Mr. Carl was the sole company owner. Robert Carl passed away in 1936.