Gebrüder Heubach Dolls German
The Heubach family bought an established porcelain factory on September 1840 in Lichte, Thüringia, Germany where they began producing porcelain figurines and other porcelain objects. By 1910 Gebrüder Heubach started making bisque character socket or shoulder head dolls, either molded hair or wigged, sleep eyes or with their famous painted intaglio eyes. One secret to Gebrüder Heubach’s success was their factory was located near an Art School of artists and sculptors.
Gebrüder Heubach doll mark registered in 1882 (S) a sunrise symbol with GH inside and in 1910 (Q) a quadrant or square with HEUBACH inside. Note: German doll maker Gustav Heubach also used the doll mark GH initials, but with different mold numbers.
Gebrüder Heubach supplied bisque doll heads to: Averill (small Bonnie Babe dolls), Emil Bauersachs (Caprice googly eye doll), Cuno & Otto Dressel, Eisenmann & Co., Hamburger & Co., Ilmenau, Jumeau ink stamped bodies have been found with Gebrüder Heubach marked bisque heads, .A. Luge & Co. (Adlon), Gebrüder Ohlhaver (Revelo), Otto Schamberger, Wagner & Zetzsche, Gottlieb Zinner, plus others around the Sonneberg area. Click images to enlarge.
1912 Gebruder Heubach doll mold 7679 walking doll 11″ body.
Gebruder Heubach made all bisque half dolls, pincushion heads, tea dolls, bisque figurines; Action Babies, May Morning, Piano Babies dolls, generally all are unmarked. See the Gebruder Heubach page of doll marks and doll mold numbers.