Hugo Wiegand Dolls 1911-1939 German
The Hugo Wiegand doll factory was founded in 1911 in Waltershausen, Germany. They advertised Baby dolls with bent limbs or toddler dolls both with composition jointed bodies with either molded painted hair or wigged in Black or White dolls.
In 1918 the trade mark Edelkind (Nobel Child) was registered. By 1925 they were making walking and talking dolls, Sweet Nell and Lieb Eldelkind dolls. 1926 Wiegand registered patents for dolls with moving arms and improvements to dolls eyes and lids in a combination Baby and toddler doll. 1927 a patent was registered for a doll with eyes that could move to all sides by means of a pendulum. 1930 Wiegand registered the trade mark Sonny Boy for dolls.
Left doll description; ca. 1911 Hugo Wiegand, bisque head white doll, no wig, multi stroke painted eyebrows, glass sleep eyes, top & bottom painted eyelashes, open closed mouth without teeth, five piece jointed body, doll marked HW intertwined, shown below. Note images enlarge when clicked.
Hugo Wiegand Doll Marks
Note; Heinrich Handwerck also used HW as a doll mark